Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
This delicious ice cream is made without an ice cream maker! All you need are five simple ingredients and you’ll have a delightful homemade ice cream that will wow your guests… If there’s any left, that is!
- 125 mL cold Aunt Jean’s Dairy whole or light milk
- 1 vanilla bean pod or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (405g) tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 500 mL double cream
- Slice the vanilla bean pod in half lengthwise with a knife, scrape the seeds or use vanilla extract if you prefer.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cold Aunt Jean’s Dairy whole milk, vanilla, condensed milk and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat double cream with an electricmixer until stiff peaks form. Fold milk mixture into the whipped cream.
- Pour into shallow 2-litre dish, cover and freeze for 4 hours,stirring once after 2 hours or when edges start to harden.
Serve or store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 10 days.