No-Fuss Christmas Eggnog
This easy and quick eggnog recipe will have you making extra batches for family and friends this festive season or leave the alcohol out if you prefer.
- 1150 mL Aunt Jean’s Dairy whole milk*
- 6 free-range eggs
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 200 mL brandy or light rum (more or less to taste)
- Cocoa powder, cinnamon and/or nutmeg to dust (and optional cinnamon sticks to serve)
- Whisk the eggs until they are a light lemon yellow colour. Place your Aunt Jean’s Dairy milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla pod in a medium pan and heat gently, without boiling, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove the vanilla pod. The egg nog can be chilled at this stage or served hot.
- Divide the brandy or rum between the glasses and pour the egg nog mixture over. Dust with your choice of topping and serve.
*Aunt Jean’s Dairy light milk can be used for a reduced fat version.