Summer Fruit Ice Pops
A delicious treat for all ages - healthy and fresh, just like our milk. Pick your own berries for a fun experience for the whole family.
- 2 cups freshly picked berries of your choice (plus a little extra if you’d like some whole fruit pieces in the pops)
- 1 cup Aunt Jean’s Dairy whole or light milk
- Sugar to taste
- Wash the berries and cut the tops or stalks off if necessary.
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Taste, and add more sugar as needed. Mix through some pieces of chopped fruit if you’d like to add these.
- Pour into ice pop moulds and freeze.
Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
This delicious ice cream is made without an ice cream maker! All you need are five simple ingredients and you’ll have a delightful homemade ice cream that will wow your guests… If there’s any left, that is!
- 125 mL cold Aunt Jean’s Dairy whole or light milk
- 1 vanilla bean pod or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (405g) tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 500 mL double cream
- Slice the vanilla bean pod in half lengthwise with a knife, scrape the seeds or use vanilla extract if you prefer.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cold Aunt Jean’s Dairy whole milk, vanilla, condensed milk and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat double cream with an electricmixer until stiff peaks form. Fold milk mixture into the whipped cream.
- Pour into shallow 2-litre dish, cover and freeze for 4 hours,stirring once after 2 hours or when edges start to harden.
Serve or store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
No-Fuss Christmas Eggnog
This easy and quick eggnog recipe will have you making extra batches for family and friends this festive season or leave the alcohol out if you prefer.
- 1150 mL Aunt Jean’s Dairy whole milk*
- 6 free-range eggs
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 200 mL brandy or light rum (more or less to taste)
- Cocoa powder, cinnamon and/or nutmeg to dust (and optional cinnamon sticks to serve)
- Whisk the eggs until they are a light lemon yellow colour. Place your Aunt Jean’s Dairy milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla pod in a medium pan and heat gently, without boiling, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove the vanilla pod. The egg nog can be chilled at this stage or served hot.
- Divide the brandy or rum between the glasses and pour the egg nog mixture over. Dust with your choice of topping and serve.
*Aunt Jean’s Dairy light milk can be used for a reduced fat version.